Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal - Posted on September 25th, 2011
A Great Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal - Posted on June 1st, 2010
I would recommend Dr. Harmohinder Athwal to anyone in need of psyciatric help. I have had a great time having him as a doctor, and he has solved many of my problems. He had great advise for me, and he has tought me many new coping skills over the time I spent with him as a patient. Overal, Dr. Harmohinder Athwal is an exelent doctor.
Compassionate and conservative
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal - Posted on January 24th, 2010
Kind,sane,considerate and intelligent. Athwal is compassionate about the issue of weight gain with psychotropic meds. Medication and dosages are decided upon after a discussion between Dr. and patient. This is a doctor who cares about the health of the body as well as the mind of the people he treats.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal - Posted on January 15th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal, MD - Psychiatry in Fremont, CA, in this video.
Dr. Harmohinder S Athwal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fremont, CA.