Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold A Chertok Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
I would hope Dr. Chertok reads some of his reviews. He is a very good doctor and has a solid reputation. The problem is his staff, Melissa to be exact. I am not the only one who thinks she is incredible rude and outright arrogant. After talking to other patients of his I get the same feedback. She may run a tight ship, but she has caused some of his patients to seek medical treatment elsewhere.
Dr. Chertok is the best doctor in town. He spends time with you, working with you toward wellness, using all his experience and intelligence and sometimes looking up new info on his computer. He is AWESOME. All of the staff in the back are terrific--out front is a different story. I have gone to Dr. C. for 12 years and have considered changing doctors because I so dread dealing with those awful people, especially Melissa. A shame.
Dr. Chertok is a great doctor. He is our family doctor and we are very happy with him. If possible, try your best to avoid Lisa the girl out front. Very poor attitude. Unhelpful and down right arrogant. It's a shame because of the great practices that Dr. Chertok has. I do not know why she is still there.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Chertok is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Harold A Chertok Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCookeville Primary Care, 445 N Cedar Ave, Cookeville, TN
Dr. Harold A Chertok Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cookeville, TN.