Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold Polan DO
Dr. Harold Polan, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 67 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Family Medicine. Dr. Polan is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Regional Med Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Harold Polan has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Harold Polan has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 1 of 1
good old fashion DR.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold Polan - Posted on July 24th, 2012
Dr. Polan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Jefferson Regional Med Center
Saint Agnes Medical Center
67 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1946
Dr. Harold Polan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Harold Polan's office for more information.
152 Wolf St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 465-5607
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harold Polan, DO - General Practice in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Harold Polan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.