Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harris Waheed
Dr. Harris Waheed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kankakee, IL, with other offices in Bourbonnais, IL and Bourbonnais, IL . His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Waheed is affiliated with Riverside Medical Center, Provena St Joseph Medical Center and Provena St Marys Hospital. Dr. Waheed has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harris Waheed has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Harris Waheed is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
We have been seeing Dr. Waheed since our daughter was born 4 years ago and would not go to any other doctor than him. Every time we go we wait no longer than 10 min and everyone there is very nice and helpful. The doctor always takes his time with us and answers all our questions or concerns. We would def. recommend him!
I'm 39 years old and have been to alot of Doctors in my time. Dr Harris is by far the best I've been too. He is nice, understanding and very professional. He gave me a proscription for my high blood pressure that has done wonders for my health. Unfortunatly for me, I had high blood pressure for a year before I met Dr. Harris. Dr Simpkins at Aunt Marthas in Chicago Heights couldnt find a medication that would get my pressure under control. Thanks Dr. Harris for being all that you are.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Waheed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Riverside Medical Center
Provena St Joseph Medical Center
Provena St Marys Hospital
Provena Saint Joseph Hospital
Synergy Medical Education Alliance
Dr. Harris Waheed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harris Waheed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kankakee, IL.