Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Barnes is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Barnes has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Florida Ob/Gyn Associates, 836 Prudential Dr Ste 1202, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr in this video.
Dr. Harrison W Barnes Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.