Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Harry Bluestein
Harry Bluestein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Harry Bluestein is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Promise Hospital San Diego and UC San Diego Health System.
Harry Bluestein has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Bluestein made an incredible difference in my experience going through one of the scariest times in my life. After going to an "alarmist" rheumatologist who scared me out of my wits regarding my prognosis, Dr. Bluestein was the complete opposite. He was SO comforting, calming, incredibly knowledgeable, very patient at explaining things, and with a big heart and sense of humor. I will always be grateful for his invaluable help!!
Bluestein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
48 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Georgetown University Medical Center
Harry Bluestein accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Harry Bluestein in this video.
Harry Bluestein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.