Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harry W Schmaltz has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Harry W Schmaltz has the following 7 expertise
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Dr. Harry W Schmaltz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Very caring easy to talk to. He explains in detail problems and best solutions. If he could avoid surgery and keep you pain free he will advise you. You make final decision.His surgeries are exact and procedures and recovery are explained in detail. Had haprfect hip replacement as well as my daughter, who had two hips replaced.Heredity is sometimes difficult to face!
My husband had a bi-lateral knee replacement just 10 days ago. It was an unexpectedly wonderful experience. Dr. Schmaltz and his staff are like a well oiled machine. Everything went like clock work. And best of all is the pain management. Pain was minimal and my husband was up walking around the day after surgery. He came home in 5 days and was going up and down the stairs (16 of them)several times a day.We recommend Dr. Schmaltz and his staff with the highest possible rating.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Geisinger Health System
Dr. Harry W Schmaltz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & DirectionsScranton Orthopedic Specialists, 334 Main St Ste 1, Scranton, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harry W Schmaltz in this video.
Dr. Harry W Schmaltz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scranton, PA.