Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harvey L Lerner
Dr. Harvey L Lerner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Smithtown, NY. He has 61 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lerner is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital and St John's Episcopal Hospital-South Shore. Dr. Lerner has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Harvey L Lerner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harvey L Lerner has the following 10 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 26
I cannot say enough about Dr. Gold and the other doctor's in this practice. The office staff are always happy, smiling, caring and accommodating. Dr. Gold, Dr. Gupta, and Dr. Lerner are so knowledgeable and caring. I truly am so happy with the doctors at the practice, especially recently. Not only are the doctors at this practice above and beyond the epitome of expertise, but also, and importantly, extremely personable. You are not just a number, Patty (the office manager) is the nicest most caring person I've come across in any doctors' offices. More often than not, Patty knows your name, and sometimes even calls to check how you're holding up, which she did for me today in addition to reminding me that I can call the office any time and any day if I ever need! Not only the best internists, but by far the best group of doctors I have ever dealt with. Being that my dad is a doctor, I know how easy it is to examine the symptoms, diagnosing them, all in 5 minutes. At this office, they treat each and every patient like there is no one else in the waiting room. The longest I've ever waited past my appointment time was maybe 10 minutes. They are so accommodating to emergencies, and easy to make an appointment. Anyone who is in search of an internist, I HIGHLY recommend Dr.Gold, Dr.Lerner & Dr.Gupta in Smithtown. My mother switched to this group, and is so impressed with the entire office staff and doctors.
The wait is too long. The staff is rude and lousy. He should retire.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lerner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
61 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1957
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Harvey L Lerner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSmithtown Medical Specialists, 215 E Main St, Smithtown, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harvey L Lerner in this video.
Dr. Harvey L Lerner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.