Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Helen Bateman
Dr. Helen Bateman, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Westfield, NJ. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bateman is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp, Hospital For Special Surgery and James A. Haley Veterans Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Helen Bateman has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Bateman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
Hospital For Special Surgery
James A. Haley Veterans Medical Center
24 Years Experience
Royal Free Hospital School Of Medicine, London
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Helen Bateman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Helen Bateman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.