Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ho-Kan K Cheng has the following 4 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Sleep Disorders
- Respiratory Failure
- Legionnaires Disease
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Hypertension
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
23 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Ho-Kan K Cheng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPenn Jersey Pulmonary Associates, 52 W Red Bank Ave Ste 26, Woodbury, NJ
Dr. Ho-Kan K Cheng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbury, NJ.