Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Homayoon M Akbari has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Homayoon M Akbari has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Colorectal Surgery
- Bowel Resection
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
Dr. Homayoon M Akbari has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Homayoon M Akbari is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I was a Patient of Dr. Akbari's several years ago. Mine was not a usual case due to a somewhat rare skin condition called Ehlers Danlos. Under his care, I had rectal surgery and a colonoscopy. I wish I knew where he was since I believe the majority of Doctors would mess this up. After having 2 surgeries - not colon related, here in Rhode Island both repeated, I would not trust anyone but Dr. Akbari with even a colonoscopy let alone a few stitches..... Anyways, thanks to Dr. Akbari, his work has proven invaluable to the highest degree.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Homayoon M Akbari in this video.
Dr. Homayoon M Akbari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Emporia, VA.