Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Howard A Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Howard A Brown has the following 23 expertise
- Male Circumcision
- Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Birth Control
- Laser Surgery
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Ovulation Induction
- Child Birth
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pap Smear
- Stress Testing
Dr. Howard A Brown has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 18
Dr. Brown's bedside manner leaves something to be desired. He spent no time with me, and his nurse was just as unprofessional. Had my yearly exam, no one scheduled my mammogram or other needed proceedures. Left countless messages on nurses voicemail and spent way too much time on phone with my insurance company just to have Dr. Brown's office follow up with me a week and a half later.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
38 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Howard A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsGalen Medical Group Ob/Gyn, 1651 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 201, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. Howard A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.