Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Howard C Alexander Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Howard C Alexander Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
Showing 4 of 12
Dr. Alexander seems to be more concerned with the statistics of how many patients he has performed surgery on successfully. When a difficult situation arises as a result of error on his part he seems reluctant to admit his mistakes and would rather pass the patient on to another doctor. In other words, he prefers the less complicated surgeries and he is reluctant to admit errors on his part.
Recently had knee replaced and am extremely happy with results. Questions prior to surgery all answered -wonderful care at Crestwood - Dr. Alexander checked on me twice while in Hosp. and on post op visit - staff responsive following surgery. The only surprise has been low level of pain and speed of recovery. Great physician!
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
37 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Howard C Alexander Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSPORTSMED, 4715 Whitesburg Dr SE, Huntsville, AL
Dr. Howard C Alexander Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.