Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard H Russell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Howard H Russell Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
I love Dr. Russell. He is not "just" a doctor but a wonderful God-fearing man. He practices with compassion and understanding. I went to him once in such a depressed state that all I could do was cry. He didn't act like a doctor that day -- he acted that a man who was generally concerned. He stopped making notes and put down my file and then looked me straight in the face and talked to me one-on-one for at least 40 minutes. When I left his office, I had a smile on my face and a deep affection for Dr. Russell. I believe he saved my life. Anyone who needs a good but extremely compassionate doctor, Dr. Russell is your answer. He is definitely worth the trip and the office wait.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
55 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1963
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Howard H Russell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHoward Hugo Russell Jr Md, 5919 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Howard H Russell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.