Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard M Katz
Dr. Howard M Katz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bannockburn, IL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Katz is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center and Northshore Skokie Hospital. Dr. Katz has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard M Katz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Critical Care
- Chest Infection
- Lung Cancer (Pulmonary Sclerosing Hemangioma)
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Katz has been my pulmonologist since around 1999. He has always been caring and spends an appropriate amount of time at each visit. Even though he sometimes gets behind because of emergencies, he never makes me feel as if I'm not a priority. He is extremely knowledgeable and imparts knowledge to his patients. He's not the sort of doctor who takes an attitude that the patient has no business being a part of his/her treatment plan. Definitely recommend him to anyone!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Howard M Katz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Physicians, 2151 Waukegan Rd Ste 110, Bannockburn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard M Katz in this video.
Dr. Howard M Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bannockburn, IL.