Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard C Ray has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Howard C Ray has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Howard C Ray has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
My wait times are always under 25 minutes much less if I get there early. Most of all Dr. Ray is a caring and compassionate person. He takes as much time as is needed to accurately care for me. He explains diagnosis in simple to understand language and is always ready to listen to what I have to say. I never feel rushed when I see him. I would highly recommend him to anyone . Nothing but friendly compassionate care.
Dr. Ray is the best doctor I have ever seen! He was fantastic to me. I am suffering from a strange combination of symptoms that no doctor has been able to diagnose yet. He was not able to diagnose me on the spot, but he gave me a recommendation to a better neurologist (Dr. Rusk) than I had previously been seeing (Dr. Sharifi) and gave me a few thoughts to pursue. Most of all though... He was incredibly caring and actually listened to what I had to say. He listened to my symptoms, thought about them, and asked me questions about them. I really got the feeling that he CARED and wanted to HELP me rather than just get paid (which is the feeling I get with most doctors). I can't stress this enough: He actually listened to me and thought about what I was saying rather than simply dismissing me as many have done before. Unfortunately I moved, so I won't be seeing him again. But I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone else.
37 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
St Vincent Hospital Health Center
Dr. Howard C Ray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAmbucare Clinic, 3387 S US Highway 41, Terre Haute, IN
Dr. Howard C Ray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Terre Haute, IN.