Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard W Silcoff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
But its impossible to get an appointment. Dryden family medicines sucks!!!!!!!!!! And as good of a doctor as he is,,,, he is car less about keeping his schedule and it pisses me off. So I'm done with them. I just got an appointment through them for two months away to be seen, I thought they were joking. Rub it on your chest I'm gone!!
I had a continuing issue. I went in on a Tuesday. Called on a Thursday still having issues. Put off over the weekend. Then given an appointment for Tuesday which the receptionist forgot to write down with another doctor in the service. (Told I had an appointment on Monday before I even called on Monday!) Told when I asked to see the doctor that it would be several days before he could see me.
Initially my experience was good. However as time went on appts with my physician were difficult to obtain, generally handed off to the NP. Follow up calls were as long as 6 mos after a visit. Diabetes care was non existent with not even and HbA1C done in a period of 1 yr.Discharged me from local hospital after being admitted for an intestinal obstruction without f/u instruction or even a bedside visit.Office practices were to charge me 20% of their posted rates, not what the insurance company agreed upon rates. The overcharges then lagged over 12 mos, and not notified of the over charging until we inquired, still took months to reimburse.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Howard W Silcoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDryden Family Medicine, 5 Evergreen St, Dryden, NY
Dr. Howard W Silcoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dryden, NY.