Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard H Weitz
Dr. Howard H Weitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Weitz is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Weitz has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard H Weitz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Howard H Weitz has the following 18 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Coronary Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Howard H Weitz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard H Weitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Very competent and caring.
I met Dr. Weitz 15 years ago when I was going through anxiety disorders and became obsessive-compulsive over heart health. Dr. Weitz evaluated my problem, agreed to take me on as a patient, and continues to treat me for preventive cardiology. As a result, I am in excellent cardiac health and intend to keep it that way by following his advice and medical expertise. He is top-notch in his field, has received numerous awards, has a wonderful bedside manner, and makes one feel confident and secure in his care.
Dr. Weitz's level of professionalism, competence in all areas of medicine especially cardiology and wonderful bedside manner, make him the perfect physician to treat me. As I was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and high cholesterol as well as having other medical conditions, Dr. Weitz always examines me thoroughly at each visit and updates my medical history comprehensively as he is treating me for preventive cardiology.. I would highly recommend him as a cardiologist.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Weitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1978
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Howard H Weitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJefferson Heart Institute, 925 Chestnut St Ste Mezz, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard H Weitz in this video.
Dr. Howard H Weitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.