Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Igor Gefter has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Called a few times because I was not feeling better and he never returned my calls. When you are dealing with a population that suffers from mental illness, it is inappropriate to refuse to take calls or return them. Sometimes even to get a change of prescription is impossible because he won't return phone calls.
Dr. Gefter was tasked with helping my stepdaughter move through her pain. She left a session with him feeling hopeless. i attended this session and was appalled by his manner and his lack of empathy for what brought her to him in the first place. Thankfully she was strong enough to realize things are not hopeless. I would not allow a loved one, or anyone for that matter see this man.
He lacks empathy and compassion for me as a patient. When asked how to solve a problem his voice was raised and he talked down to me with total disrespect. He did not see me the amount of time he was suppose to. He did not change my medication like he said he would do. He has a big ego. And treated me as a women in emotionally abusive manner. First rule as a doctor do no harm! He definitely harmed me. He has a temper and can go off at at moment on you. Staff blames it on him having a bad day. Well then you should be in the line of work. This is people's lives you are dealing with. if you know someone who is seeing him and says what I am saying believe them! It is true!
Dr. Igor Gefter accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRamapo Ridge Psychiatric Hospital, 301 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff, NJ
Dr. Igor Gefter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wyckoff, NJ.