Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Iltefat H Hamzavi has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Iltefat H Hamzavi has the following 20 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Skin Cancer
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Clinical Research
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Skin Biopsy
- Laser Surgery
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Hamzavi is an Excepetional Dermatologist ! My Father and other members of my family are patients of his. My Father had a malignant melanoma and was treated for some time by Dr. Hamzavi. Dr.Hamzavi has so much compassion for his patients and has an OUTSTANDING bedside manner. Dr.Hamzavi went above and beyond for my Father by writing letters and sending pictures to my Fathers insuance company to get an ointmint they normally would not approve showing that he needed to have it. My Father did not like going to Drs. but always said after leaving Dr. Hamzavis office they make you feel so good with their caring and compassionate ways. His Office Staff is excellent. All very warm and caring people. I highly reccommend him for anyone who needs an Excellent Dermatologist. The sometimes 20 minute wait is most definately worth the wait.
Treated my son for cystic acne for 9 years; Great bedside manner, always patient, caring and willing to try new/novel treatments to keep his accutane resistant acne in check; willing to fit him in on a phone call for injections; He was willing to take and return phone calls when we had concerns. My son's acne is gone now with minimal scarring. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1996
St Joseph Mercy Health System
Dr. Iltefat H Hamzavi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO