Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi has the following 19 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Rectal Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Esophageal Achalasia
Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I was there today and I had a great experience, a little crowded but to be greeted in the way I was, I didn't mind the wait, I went with a family member around noon, the pretty lady thank me for my patience and I was fine, she's very nice and caring, they have the right person in the front to greet you for sure
Dr. Naks takes remembered me from two years ago, which was impressive since he sees numerous patients. His kind and gentle manner put me at ease. He listened to my complaints and answered my questions and took the time to explain what he did during my procedure. He is not flustered or in a hurry but truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Al-Nakshabendi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi
I am a board certified gastroenterologist providing expert consultations and ongoing care for patients with a full spectrum of acute and chronic gastrointestinal conditions.
Locations & DirectionsIMAD M AL-NAKSHABENDI MD, 5383 Primrose Lake Cir Ste B1, Tampa, FL
Dr. Imad M Al-Nakshabendi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tampa, FL.