Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Imad Albasha
Dr. Imad Albasha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockford, IL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Albasha is affiliated with Swedish American Hospital, Rockford Memorial Hospital and SwedishAmerican Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Imad Albasha has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Imad Albasha was very helpful to my teen-age son who he diagnosed as having a sleep disorder as well as depression. He is thorough, using a variety of diagnostic techniques. Through counseling, medication, and light therapy, my son made a complete recovery. I would say he is one of the more intelligent psychiatrists in town.
Dr. Albasha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish American Hospital
Rockford Memorial Hospital
33 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Imad Albasha accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1639 N Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL
Dr. Imad Albasha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockford, IL.