Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Issam A Awad has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Dr. Issam A Awad has the following 31 expertise
- Vascular Tumor (Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- CNS Vascular Tumor (Central Nervous System Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Spinal Cord Cyst (Syringomyelia)
- Intracranial Arteriosclerosis
- Pathologic Constriction
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Carotid Stenosis
- Brain Disorder
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Cancer
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Brain Ischemia
- Brain Tumor
- Critical Care
Dr. Issam A Awad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
In 1997 I was diagnosed with an avm (arterial venous malformation) in the left temporal lobe of my brain.I was so scared and knew that I had to have it removed or die.I was sent to Dr. Awad at Yale New Haven Hospital in CT. On Halloween Dr.Awad performed surgery to successfully remove the avm and save my life. I am so grateful to his expertise and skill and caring. The morning of my surgery I would not let them knock me out until I saw his face.I think they were surprised that someone would actually say this but they didn't.When he came into the or I simply said to him" ok...be careful!" He probably thought I was a crazy lady but he said 'I will". It has been 18 years and I want to thank him again for saving my life. Sincerely, Robin Cram
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Issam A Awad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Issam A Awad in this video.
Dr. Issam A Awad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evanston, IL.