Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ivor Foox
Dr. Ivor Foox, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Foox is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital, Memorial Herman Memorial City and Memorial Herman Southwest. He speaks English.
Dr. Ivor Foox has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
I've never written a bad review about a Dr. before. Though I'm sure he is a nice fellow, Dr. Foox did not perform a simple Urinalysis per my request. My urine was cloudy and smelly but I had no pain. I gave urine but the nurse told me :"The doctor said there is nothing wrong with your urine. Please increase your water". Well, I dont drink sodas and only drink water. This made no sense to me. I went back again after this disatisfying appointment and insisted again for a culture. I was sent infor my email ( portal) but could not log in. I called the office to get my results after seeing, that morning , that my urine was the color of cocacola! I was feeling week and tired and the color left my face. Still no kidney pain. The RUDE front desk associate (defensive and told me that was not her department but the labs) told me I had sulfate in my urine. I actually had E- COLI in my urine. How do I know? I had to go to another doctor who told me immediately I had nitrate in my urine ( the cause of my color change) that was due to e- coli. now, this was 3 weeks later.....and now have kidney problems I need to take care of. I'm a woman in my 50's, this isn't my first rodeo...but treated me as if I didn't know what I was talking about. I believe he need to retire. I actually checked my portal after the first appointment and it said "NO LAB TESTING DONE". Thanks for nothing.
Dr. Foox is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
Memorial Herman Memorial City
Memorial Herman Southwest
Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
Spring Branch Medical Center
Hca West Houston
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
48 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Ivor Foox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBear Creek Medical Center, 4524 Highway 6 N, Houston, TX
Dr. Ivor Foox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.