Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack N Benson has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
Showing 5 of 15
I've had several surgeries for kidney stones through Dr. Benson. He is a good doctor from most of my experiences with him. If you are familiar with kidney stone surgery, you should know that after you must have a stent implanted in your ureter to help the stones pass through. These usually stay in for a week. My first surgery I came back a week later to the surgery center and got it removed while asleep. However on another one of my surgeries I was coming back to get a stent removed and they told me Dr. Benson went on vacation and never notified me. He had even scheduled me to come in for surgery to have the stent removed when he wasn't even in town, which didn't make a whole lot of sense. The only way I could get the stent out was to be removed in the office, while fully conscious. It was painful and a horrible memory that I will never forget. I still have pains in my genitals from the very thought of it.
Dr. Benson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1976
John C Lincoln Hospital
Dr. Jack N Benson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhoenix Urological Surgeons Pc, 19841 N 27th Ave Ste 201, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Jack N Benson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.