Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jack L Schwade
Dr. Jack L Schwade, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwade is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Schwade has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jack L Schwade has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
Dr. Schwade is very through, and he listens to what your problem and condition is. He is extremely compassionate and gets to the bottom of the problem. He saved my life! His entire staff is very accomodating and sweet.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2016, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Schwade is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Jack L Schwade accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDallas Cardiovascular Specialists, 7777 Forest Ln Ste C339, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jack L Schwade in this video.
Dr. Jack L Schwade is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.