Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacob C Abraham
Dr. Jacob C Abraham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with another office in Portland, OR. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abraham is affiliated with Providence St Vincent Medical Center. Dr. Abraham has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jacob C Abraham has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jacob C Abraham has the following 16 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Nuclear Medicine
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
Dr. Jacob C Abraham is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Abraham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jacob C Abraham accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jacob C Abraham
Dr. Abraham is a cardiologist with the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic and adjunct professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University. He is board certified in cardiovascular medicine, nuclear cardiology, and internal medicine. His specialities include heart failure, mechanical circulatory support and pulmonary hypertension. He earned his undergraduate degree at Rhodes College and completed his medical degree, residency and fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at Johns Hopkins. Clinical articles by Jacob Abraham, M.D. Heart pump technologies offer new hope to the sickest patients Featured "Journey to the Edge and Back," Providence eTogether News
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jacob C Abraham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portland, OR.