Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacob C Alexander MD
Dr. Jacob C Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ames, IA, with other offices in Iowa Falls, IA and Ames, IA (and 2 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Jacob C Alexander has 5 locations
1215 Duff Ave
Ames, IA 50010
1015 Duff Ave
Ames, IA 50010
1015 Union St
Boone, IA 50036
312 E Main St Ste 1000
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Book Online Now
Dr. Jacob C Alexander has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jacob C Alexander has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jacob C Alexander - Posted on February 23rd, 2014
Dr jake has been my practitioner for several years and has at all times showna total professional and prefect understanding of all facets in my illnesses. Dr jake has a kind heart and prefect bed side manner in which reflects by my actions in traveling over 4 hours one way to seek consultations by him.
20 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Jacob C Alexander Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jacob C Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ames, IA.