Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacob M Kitchener
Dr. Jacob M Kitchener, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, IL, with other offices in Lees Summit, MO and Springfield, IL (and 1 other location). He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Kitchener has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jacob M Kitchener has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 24
Over 2 years ago my wife missed an appointment due to her M.S. here.That morning she couldn't get out of bed. Of course I couldn't cancel with a 24 hr notice. So I went to the office to explain my wife's condition having 40 scars and active lesions. They stated come back after 1 year with a new referral. We did that and still got refused care. I tried again here recently and they said not at all because they moved patient appointments to fit her in on her original appointment. That my wife's M.S. was an inconvenience even though they are a neurologists, obviously the patient doesn't come first. My wife's doctor sent a new referral and received a letter stating she missed several appointments, remember she missed one appointment due to a severe medical condition and was not offered another appointment and falsified a letter to stop her doctor from referring her again. I'd say in my opinion this place is a waste of time and totally unfriendly when something doesn't go their way. Such harsh punishment for missing one appointment and no sympathy for with those with severe conditions. I asked what happened to the 1 year return and denied us again, they said it and stated the doctor does what he wants with attitude. Wow what a god complex. May the true God forgive them. Next stop BBB for their poor service for this is no lie and all people should be aware before they try this office in Troy at least.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2009, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2000
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Jacob M Kitchener accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jacob M Kitchener in this video.
Dr. Jacob M Kitchener is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.