Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jade S Schiffman
Dr. Jade S Schiffman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Ophthalmology. Dr. Schiffman is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Houston Methodist St John Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jade S Schiffman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Jade S Schiffman has the following 4 expertise
- Eye Diseases
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Vision Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Jade S Schiffman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I was repeatly verbalily abused, I was a afraid I was going to be hit. It felt like I was in a horror film, like something you would see on the news that would make the top story because they were unbeliviablly rude. I will never return here and I hope that this helps someone in making there choice if to go there or if you are treated in such an atrocious manner you arent the only one.
Dr. Schiffman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1975
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNeurology-Ophthalmology Of Texas, 1701 Sunset Blvd Ste 6300, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jade S Schiffman, MD - Ophthalmology in Houston, TX, in this video.
Dr. Jade S Schiffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.