Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jae H Chon MD
Dr. Jae H Chon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Anaheim, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Chon is affiliated with Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. He speaks English.
Dr. Jae H Chon has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Jae H Chon has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jae H Chon has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Jae H Chon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
The Real Deal
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jae H Chon - Posted on November 2nd, 2018
Excellent doctor care and their staff works with your reporting needs.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jae H Chon - Posted on February 12th, 2016
My c-spin surgery left me without the use of my right arm
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jae H Chon - Posted on June 12th, 2013
I had an anterior C spine fusion from Dr. Jae Chon of Kerlan and Jobe Orthopedic. After the surgery I was not able to lift my right arm. Two days after the initial surgery Dr. Chon went in again from the front to try and correct the damage to my C-5 nerve. The two anterior surgeries had left me with tremendous swelling in my neck. My voice was gone, I chocked on everything. He had used a morphogenic protein in my neck that was FDA approved for the lumbar but not for the C spine because it caused swelling. I was on prednisone for weeks to reduce swelling and keep my air ways open. This second surgery was not successful. In subsequent office visits I had to wait two hours in a very cold room only to be told it might take up to two years to know if my arm movement would come back there was not surgery, physical therapy or medication to help. I could not eat, write, drink, comb my hair and brush my teeth with my right arm. As my condition got worse Dr. Chon refused to see me. He would not return calls or return calls made to Kerlan Jobe business office. I sought the help of an excellent doctor at Cedars Spine institute, Dr. Brian Perri; he performed a posterior C-spine surgery (he went in from the back). He found a very large chunk of bone from the first surgery had become wedged between the metal plate inserted by Dr. Chon and my spinal cord. The result was a bone fragment was coming from the front of my spinal cord through the back C-5 foramen, the hole where the C-5 nerve exits the spinal cord. This bone fragment was cutting into the C-5 nerve root. This was causing paralysis in my right arm. Dr. Perri carefully removed this bone fragment. It has been a long hard recovery but I have full movement in my right arm. I will always have weakness in the right arm, but now I can blow dry my hair, eat, drink, and brush my teeth normally. Dr. Chon was not diligent during the first surgery and in the second surgery he failed to see a bone fragment that per the second doctor was very visible to the naked eye. He really should never perform this surgery again. Dr. Brian Perri and his crew at Cedars Spine institute are excellent, caring and in my mind, saved my life.
Excellent Doctor, worth waiting for
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jae H Chon - Posted on July 10th, 2012
Dr. Chon very clearly explained my problem, even to the point of drawing very detailed pictures. He is very direct in his approach, but gentle. I never felt like he was rushed. The medication he prescribed was very helpful in relieving my pain. Physical therapy has not helped a lot, but then that is not his domain.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Jae H Chon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jae H Chon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.