Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jagminder S Bhalla
Dr. Jagminder S Bhalla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anaheim, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bhalla is affiliated with La Palma Intercommunity Hospital, Anaheim Global Medical Center and St Jude Medical Center. Dr. Bhalla has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jagminder S Bhalla has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Weight Loss
- Atrial Fibrillation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This doctor was by far the worst experience I have ever had in my life. We would have never used this hospital, but since my father had suffered a stroke and heart attack it was the closest one near by to give him the medical attention he needed. Once my sister and I got to go into the ER to see my father they basically told us there was little chances of him making it through this. After hearing this of course we are in disbelief, shock, horror and sadness, but regardless the staff needed to get more information about my father to see if there is anything more they can do to help him, so all while dealing with this news my sister and I answer the questions to our best ability to two seperate nurses. Within an hour we had to REPEAT the horrific details of how we found our father, his medical conditions, and every other question that we can think of to NINE different people. Not one of them were simpathetic to the fact that we just got news that our dad is going to not make it, but you would think that they would go out of their way to help us out by at least communicating with EACHOTHER rather than have NINE different people continue to bombard us with questions when we just want to spend the last moments with our father as best we can. A few hours later they moved my dad to ICU and the Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA that came in and spoke with us had horrible bedside manner as well as NEVER took the time to explain to us exactly what was going on. Instead we got the constant question of "Where is your mother"...well like we explained to the nine other individuals who questioned us earlier, our mother passed away a few years ago, which was also a sensitive subject, but for none of the staff to even remember this or to keep asking us where our mother was like they did not want to explain what was going on with our father. I am 25 years old and my sister is 26 years old, we are not doctors, but we are not stupid, they spoke to us like children and never took the time to simplify what was going on for us. Instead he would rush in the room, say a few words which meant no sense to us and then storm out of the room. Thank god for the ICU Nurse Art who really went out of his way to take his time and thouroghly let us know the conditions of my father. After my father passed away, trying to recieve the death certificates WAS A NIGHTMARE. As we already knew, recieving death certificates take a little while to get, which we were prepared for. But Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA took so long to sign the death certificate, and once we got it back he put "Blunt force trama to the head" as my fathers cause of death. This information was 100 PERCENT FALSE, because the days we were in the hospital never once was this mentioned to us and it was said by multiple nurses and the doctor himself that my father suffered from multiple heart attacks and strokes. After this the coroners officed called us and said that now that they flagged my fathers death is under investigation and my father's body will need to be taken in for investigation to look into the "blunt force trama to the head" cause of death on his death certificate. After DAYS of calling and arguing with different people to try and get in contact with Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA we finally got him to revise his MISTAKE and put the correct cause of death on his death certificate so that we will be able to bury my father on the day scheduled for his funeral. This doctor has no idea how much extra pressure termoil, and heartache he put onto my sister and I, since we are just two young girls who have to bury the only parent we had left. We had to wait an extra month for his corrected death certificates, and for anyone who has lost a loved one, you know that the death certificates are such an important part of closing up ends and in the burying proccess of a loved one.
I was in the hospital and regretfully, Dr. Bhalla was assigned to my case. He came in the room, stood across the room as he told me you look better than yesterday. What!?! A five year old kid could have told me that! He didn't even come near me to see how I'm doing... Then my antibiotics were changed and I asked why, when the previous one was working, he had no answer, but told me to ask another doctor that would be coming in - he changed it! This man simply stood there, every once in awhile grinning, and didn't say very much of anything. I have never been sooo disappointed with a doctor in my life.
Doctor had a good bedside manner and both mom who has moderate dementia and We liked our initial visits with him. He spent time with her and addressed any concerns I had regarding her care and medication. A couple weeks later, I called him because I noticed fatigue and change of my 82 yr old mother's demeanor. He shrugged it off responding she was old, and everything was fine and I worried too much as he had examined her the week before and put her on two types of diuretics for edema of the legs. A week after our phone conversation my mother almost passed away due to severe dehydration because the doctor put my mother on two types of diuretics for her edema of the legs and had her care home limit water consumption. She was rushed to ER in critical condition with extremely low blood pressure and dehydration with high levels of valproic acid in her system. If I did not call 911 at the time she reported feeling extremely sick, she would not have survived. Needless to say, I have fired him as PCP after only 3 weeks under his care. His staff is also too young and tend to lack experience that comes with maturity.
Dr. Bhalla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1969
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Jagminder S Bhalla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJagminder Singh Bhalla Md, 1801 W Romneya Dr Ste 405, Anaheim, CA
Dr. Jagminder S Bhalla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.