Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Byatt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James S Byatt has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Holistic Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. James S Byatt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
He took time to Listen to all of my symptoms and treated me as an individual case rather than grouping me into a typical class of patients that was like every other type of patient. He listened and treated me as a person. I was not limped into a specific type of patient category. He was thoughtful and willing to order tests before just handing a diagnosis. The most caring Doctor I've ever had
Dr. Byatt is hands-down one of the most personable physicians I have ever dealt with. He knowledge is excellent, but more important, he is able to convey understand to patients about their conditions, and for worry-warts like me, this is very valuable. He doesn't leave you wondering and answers questions very thoroughly. I never feel rushed or like just a number. Appointment scheduling and staff persona are average, rates are not unreasonable, and usually the wait time to be seen is only a few minutes.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Calgary Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. James S Byatt accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsByatt James Md, 501 Van Buren St Ste 206, Fostoria, OH
Dr. James S Byatt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fostoria, OH.