- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Thomas MD
Dr. James D Thomas, MD is a doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. Their specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine. They speak English.
Dr. James D Thomas has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. James D Thomas has the following 29 expertise
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Heart Attack
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Blood Clot
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Stress Echocardiography
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Murmurs
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Diseases
- Heart Block
Dr. James D Thomas Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. James D Thomas
James Thomas, MD, is a staff cardiologist and Section Head of Cardiovascular Imaging, the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, at the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic. He is Lead Scientist for Ultrasound to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Dr. Thomas is board-certified as a Diplomate in the National Board of Medical Examiners, the American Board of Internal Medicine, and the Cardiovascular Subspecialty Board. His specialty interest is echocardiography. He received his Bachelor's Degree in applied mathematics from Harvard College, graduating summa cum laude. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, the national honor society. Following medical school at Harvard, Dr. Thomas completed his internship and residency in medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by a fellowship in cardiology from the University of Vermont College of Medicine where he was named Clinical Fellow in Medici