Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Gammon
Dr. James A Gammon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Ophthalmology. Dr. Gammon is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Los Banos, Doctors Medical Center and Stanislaus Surgical Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Gammon has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
When I checked my son in at Dr. Gammon's office today, I reminded the receptionist that we were declining a dilation because we were having him seen for an eyelid issue, not a vision issue. After briefly looking at the eyelid, Dr. Gammon refused to tell us anything or look at my son further unless we agreed to a dilation. He bullied us and when that failed, announced that he refused to treat us and that we needed to leave. I pleaded and told him were were desperate enough to go out of insurance to see him and he verbatim said that he "didn't care." I told the receptionist when we booked the appointment that we would decline a dilation, I told the receptionist when we checked in that we would decline it and I told Dr. Gammon at the start of the appointment, and at none of those points did anyone tell me that Dr. Gammon refuses to see patients who decline dilation. He could not give m a reason why it was necessary beyond that my son "could have eye cancer." My son's issue is recurrent styes! It made no sense and it was traumatizing for all of us as well as an utter waste of time. We waited six weeks for this appointment!
Dr Gammon is obviously not educated in how to work with people, let alone children, let alone children with special needs. My 5 year old autistic daughter with sensory issues was terrified. It was her first eye appointment & she didn't know what to expect. Instead of being patient and kind & explaining things to her (like the very nice medical assistant did) he felt cold-hearted coercion was in order. He threatened her multiple times ex; "you better stay still or I'll hold you down & you won't like that," "you better look straight ahead or I'll put the eye drops in again & they'll hurt," etc. He invalidated her feelings, "oh, that doesn't hurt," and basically treated her like an inconvenient piece of meat that needed to be roughly inspected, as opposed to a scared little girl who has very real sensory issues and very real fears & needs to be treated with a little compassion and common decency. Dr Gammon may have 42 years experience in medicine, but he could use a lot more experience and / or training on how to be a human being. Don't take your kids here.
I TOOK MY BABY FOR A LUMP IN HER EYE. SHES 5 MTS. HE DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT IT AND SAID HER VISION WAS POOR (-4.00) WHICH SHES ALWAYS FOLLOWING US FROM ONE SIDE TO ANOTHER. AND HE SAID IN ORDER FOR HER TO SEE I WOULD HAVE TO GET RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE. I LEFT CRYING STRAIGHT TO HER DR AND TOLD HER. THEY WERNT SURPRISED AND SAID ITS HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE...NOW IM BEING SENT TO STANFORD FOR A SECOND OPINION. DO NOT SCHEDULE WITH HIM.
Dr. Gammon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center
Dr. James A Gammon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllcare Ipa, 500 Coffee Rd Ste F, Modesto, CA
Dr. James A Gammon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.