Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James A Goss has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James A Goss has the following 14 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
Dr. James A Goss has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James A Goss is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I found the whole experience with Dr. Goss to be very good. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. A true professional. He put rooster comb shots in my knees and it went really well. It didn't hurt and yes they really helped me out. I intend to return and have the procedure repeated. They have lasted for about a year.
Dr. Goss has treated 4 members of my family including myself. He has done surgery on 3 of us. I can not imagine a better physician or surgeon. He repaired an ACL for my son which had previously been bungled by a surgeon in Kingsport and did an excellent job. He replaced both of my wife's knees in 2010 which restored her mobility with no complications at all. He repaired a meniscal cartilage tear in my knee successfully. If you need surgery for orthopedic problems, he is the go-to doctor. Has a great personality, answers your questions thoroughly and is concerned for your well being. The absolutely only down side to seeing him is the wait in the office.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Goss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. James A Goss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohnson City Office, 3 Professional Park Dr Ste 21, Johnson City, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Goss, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Johnson City, TN, in this video.
Dr. James A Goss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.