Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James W Hardacker has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This doctor took time to educate me on my spine health after taking various X-rays and reviewing the surgery done by my former spine specialist as "best result". I am grateful. Front office staff was a sweet person who talked to me with kindness. The other two employees I saw before the doctor were factual and professional. All in all a good visit.
I am coming up on two years post op for both my neck and lumbar spine fusions and could not be happier with my results. I have told Dr. Hardacker that he is a hero as far as I am concerned. I was off pain meds after the first two weeks and things have only gotten better after that. He was attentive, informative and gave me options outside of surgery during our initial meetings. Great bedside manner and sense of humor; I have recommended his services to several acquaintances with back and/or neck issues.
I've seen some terrible comments about this doctor and since he has performed 4 surgeries, all successfully, on me, I'd like to comment on his demeanor. He is NOT cruel or a lot of the other things being said about him. I can see why some may call him arrogant and honestly, I'd rather have a doctor who is "that good" perform surgery on me than otherwise. He is not as arrogant as he may come across to some. He is a perfectionist. I had serious scoliosis and now have 18 vertebra fused. The first surgery took 11 hours and he did not let someone else close me up. He did it himself. If you were to look at the scar, it's pretty amazing. It looks like a crease---not stitches that can be so hideous. He is also truthful and to the point. If you want someone who will speak the truth to you and do a great job when he performs surgery on you, he's the man. If you need someone who will hold your hand and baby you, look elsewhere. Also, for those of you complaining about the wait---he is the on call surgeon for several nursing homes in the area. This means if someone elderly injures their hip or spine, they will be getting attention from Dr. Hardacker at the hospital before you---as it should be.
31 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. James W Hardacker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSpine Institute, 13431 Old Meridian St Ste 200, Carmel, IN
Dr. James W Hardacker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmel, IN.