Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Duke has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. James J Duke has the following 10 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Disease
- Male Circumcision
- Male Infertility
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
Dr. James J Duke has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James J Duke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I tried to see Dr. Duke and had nothing but problems. I called for an appointment and was given one 3 weeks out I received a call the day of my appt. and was told the doctor was not in that day and I needed to reschedule. The next available appt. was not for two weeks and again I made the appt only to be called the day before and the appt time had been moved and I was not able to keep it. I suggest you look for a more professional office for your care.
May 2011My experience with Dr. Duke happened a few years ago and I have always wanted to praise him for all his efforts. Before Dr. Duke my son hardly ever slept, couldnt keep food down and cried painfully for the first 2 years of his life. All the while I kept taking him to his pediatrician and was continually to be told he was okay. When he was about 1 we decided to change pediatricians for a second opinion and at the first visit the new doctor he wanted my son to been seen by a pediatric urologist. By the time my son was 2 years old he had been through 2 surgeries for a hydrocele (buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles that causes the scrotum or groin area to swell) performed by a pediatric urologist in the Inland Empire. After each surgery we were told that there was a 99% chance that it wouldnt come back and both times it did within 6 months of him having the surgery. In the mean time my family relocated to the High Desert and I refused to have my son go through yet another surgery just to have to have another one within 6 months. Thats when I found Dr. Duke. Although he wasnt labeled a pediatric urologist I had a feeling that I had found the right doctor for my son.I called Dr. Dukes office and told the person that answered my story and asked her if she would ask the doctor if he would be willing to see my son. When she called me back (the same day) she told me that the doctor was more then willing to see my son, I just had to get the insurance to say yes. After a couple days fighting with the insurance because Dr. Duke isnt labeled Pediatric Urologist I got my way and made my appointment with him. Dr. Duke was WONDERFUL with my scared 2 year old. Not only that but he said that by only treating the hydorcele it was like putting a band aide on the symptom and never addressing the problem.Apparently when a little boy has a hydrocele they should also be checking to see if he also has a hernia. So my 2 year old son went in for his 3rd surgery and Dr. Duke did find that he had a fairly large hernia and doubled check to see if there were and other weak areas in his stomach. There were no outward lumps from the hernia. My son is now 7 with no more problems. After his surgery he turned into a happy little boy that smiles a lot, eats well and is now very affectionate, oh and he finally sleeps. Hes no longer in pain and actually will tell you Dr. Duke fixed me. It is so refreshing to know that there are still doctors out there that will listen to you, be compassionate and not treat you like a number. I have referred anyone that will listen to Dr. Duke for any urology problems they or someone they know may have.My older son is even doing a report on someone they think is a hero, someone that has made a difference in someones life, and of all the people he could pick he chose the man that fixed his baby brother Dr. Duke
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
43 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. James J Duke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Jeffrey Duke Md, 15366 11th St Ste E, Victorville, CA
Dr. James J Duke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victorville, CA.