Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James K Horton
Dr. James K Horton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horton is affiliated with Greenville Memorial Hospital. Dr. Horton has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James K Horton has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 16
After seeing an Endocrinologist in Spartanburg, I started seeing Dr. Horton- only to find out that I had been completely misdiagnosed. He has been so professional in his approach and is also just such a nice person. Please go to Greenville if you need an Endocrinologist and live in Spartanburg. Dr. Horton is worth the drive.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Horton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. James K Horton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBon Secours Endocrinology, 2 Innovation Dr Ste 300B, Greenville, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James K Horton in this video.
Dr. James K Horton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.