Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Kulczycki has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Kulczycki is well qualified as a Cardiologist. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Cardiology and has other board specialties within that field. He spends as much time as needed for him to help you with your problem or diagnosis. You never feel that you are rushed in and out like other physicians do in their practice. On the other hand, he was the Chief of Cardiology at the Glendale Adventist Hospital for five to six years. He is very cordial and does not cut you off when you are speaking to him. He will call you at home if there is an urgent problem. He is very thorough in reviewing your medical records as a new or old patient. He describes in detail how these cardiology drugs work on your heart. He is just a very warm and great human being. I have talked to his associate Dr. Bornheimer a few times on the telephone on after hours, and he was very attentive and cordial. His staff is excellent and will call in medicine promptly to your pharmacy, and will return your call if you have any questions promptly. Overall, at the age of 72, I have seen many Cardiologists in the past, but no one as articulate and having the requisite acumen in the field of Cardiology as Dr. Kulczycki..
Dr. Kulczycki is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. James Kulczycki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShearer Cardiology Medical Group, 1560 E Chevy Chase Dr Ste 410, Glendale, CA
Dr. James Kulczycki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.