Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Austin
Dr. James Austin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and Paradise Valley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Austin has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. James Austin has the following 3 expertise
- Breast Diseases
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Dr. James Austin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My grandmother has breast cancer and the staff was unwilling to give us even basic information over the phone (even though they had been provided with a medical Power of Attorney. My mother had repeatedly called and they were very unhelpful. After a week of this, I called and pleaded with them to help and his nurse informed me that she was tired of dealing with this. After that phone call they refused to treat my grandmother at all. I am very disappointed. I do not feel that they are putting the best interests of my grandmother first. In addition to dealing with the fact that her mother has cancer my mother also has to deal with the stress of making decisions for my grandmother based on very limited information. The staff was very uncaring.
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Paradise Valley Hospital
CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of Kentucky
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions755 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. James Austin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.