Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James G Lahti
Dr. James G Lahti, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northbrook, IL. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Lahti is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital. Dr. Lahti has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James G Lahti has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. James G Lahti has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Lahti and his team are wonderfully skilled, companionate, empathetic group! The office makes sure the needs of their patient's are met, even providing hot beverages, snacks, reading material and a T.V for those who need to wait for biopsies to be processed. Dr. Lahti himself contacted my mother later in the day to make sure she was doing well and if she had any questions or concerns. The office team contacted my mother not only the day after her procedure but two days post procedure again to check in and make sure she was doing well and not having any difficulties or needs. I am overwhelmed by the care and concern of this doctor and his team. Highly recommend this skilled physician and his team and commend them for the EXCELLANT care and support they offer their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lahti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. James G Lahti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Partners Of The North Shore, 400 Skokie Blvd Ste 475, Northbrook, IL
Dr. James G Lahti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northbrook, IL.