Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Lean has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Lean is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. James E Lean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- First Health PPO
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGundersen Health System, 123 16th Ave S, Onalaska, WI
Dr. James E Lean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Onalaska, WI.