Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Stewart has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. James M Stewart has the following 43 expertise
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colon Cancer
- Barrett Esophagus
- Peptic Ulcer
- Stomach Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Colon Diverticulum
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chest Pain
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Stomach Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Crohn's Disease
- Intestine Cancer (Duodenal Neoplasm)
- Celiac Disease
- Weight Loss
- Tube Feeding (Enteral Nutrition)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Colonic Diverticulitis
Dr. James M Stewart has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
33 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. James M Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James M Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sandy, UT.