Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Odor has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Odor is a pleasant person, however I had cervical spine surgery, 2 discs replaced and fusion. I had quite a lot of pain before, but it's 10 fold worse than it was before. When I wake in the morning, both my hands are completely numb, and have tremors in both my hands, with the worst being on the left side. I am now experiencing pain that radiates from the affected side up the base of my skull and behind my eye. Now I have to find a dr. that can help me with the excruciating pain! Life is not worth living like this. The progression of pain gets worse as time goes on.
Dr. Odor was filling in for my current surgeon who was on vacation. I came to hospital in intense pain. He had me admitted and was aggressive in getting my pain under control. He suspected infection in a previous fusion, which it turned out it was. He made all the right calls while also informing my regular surgeon. He was awesome.
I have to say, after coming to Dr. Odor, I would not use any other spinal surgeon. He is calm, friendly, knowledgeable, considerate, down-to-earth, thoughtful, and extremely skilled. The other surgeon I saw before Dr. Odor should be allowed to hold a knife, let alone a scalpel!!! I was terrified going into my first appointment with Dr. O. He sat me down, talked to me like I was a person and not a payday, explained everything about my prognosis, diagnosis, options, and generally put me at ease with what would be coming in my near future. I have to say this: Thank you Dr. Odor! I have been recommending you to anyone who will listen, and even trying to get people from out of state to come see you. I believe in you and your results that much.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. James M Odor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSpine Surgery Inc, 14100 Parkway Commons Dr Ste 200, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. James M Odor is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.