Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James J Ong
Dr. James J Ong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tarzana, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Ong is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center, Los Robles Hospital and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Ong has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James J Ong has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. James J Ong has the following 34 expertise
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Ventricular Premature Complexes
- Catheter Ablation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Exercise Stress Test
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Chest Pain
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Shortness of Breath
- Atrial Flutter
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetic Foot
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Ultrasound
Dr. James J Ong has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James J Ong is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. James J Ong accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Locations & DirectionsValley Regional Arrhythmia Center, 18411 Clark St Ste 203, Tarzana, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Ong in this video.
Dr. James J Ong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.