Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Craven has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. James P Craven has the following 4 expertise
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Primary Headache Disorders
Dr. James P Craven has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James P Craven is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Craven performed surgery on my radiated Colin....outstanding surgeon with compassion....straight forward ...And. A bit of humer...I had fourteen inches of my Colin removed because of scar tissue caused by radiation treatments...Dr Craven not only did A fantastic job of performing the surgery he was instrumental in my recovery....I would recommend Dr Craven to anyone who needs A Dr who in my opinion the best available in his field....My surgery was both delicate and complicated and his performance was stellar...
Met Dr. Craven the morning of my surgery. I was impresses with his straight forward explanation of my proceedure before and after surgery. Called his office on a Friday and had surgery on Monday AM. Could not have asked for a better team at South Portland Surgical Center........each step of the way I felt well cared for and at ease.
Dr. Craven did a double hernia operation for my father in the Tualatin South Portland Surgery Center. Everything went so smoothly and the staff was exceptional. From the greeting at the door, to pre-op, the OR and post-op, I could not have asked for better treatment. Dr, Craven and the anesthesiologist, Dr. Herr were very communicative every step of the way. Both Dr.'s came in and consulted with my father and myself before surgery, and made sure all questions were answered. Dr. Craven came out immediately after surgery and reported to me. The post-op nurse Kristina was very caring to my father and engaged him in conversation making him feel comfortable and well cared for. Even though it was late in the evening, the staff stayed until he was ready to go and never felt as if we were rushed. Dr, Craven took care of making sure my father was comfortable and instructions were clear. I appreciated all of the excellent care given to him. The entire organization was like a well oiled machine.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Virginia Mason Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. James P Craven accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James P Craven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tualatin, OR.