Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Anderson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Eye Infections
- Seizure Disorders
- Urinary Incontinence
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Occupational Medicine
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Diabetic Foot
- Knee Injuries
- Marital Counseling
- Anxiety Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Family Counseling
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Pelvic Pain
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Sports Injuries
- Adolescent Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Back Pain
- Kidney Disease
- Family Planning
- Elbow Injuries
- Women's Health
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Neck Pain
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 55
35 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Jackson Health System
Dr. James R Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTristar Ashland City Medical Center, 313 N Main St, Ashland City, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Anderson in this video.
Dr. James R Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ashland City, TN.