The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Cunningham has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Lung Cancer
- Smoking Cessation
Showing 2 of 2
40 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. James R Cunningham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Summit
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Mary Medical Center, 401 W Poplar St, Walla Walla, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Cunningham in this video.
Dr. James R Cunningham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walla Walla, WA.