Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Ramirez
Dr. James A Ramirez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, Dermatopathology and Pathology. Dr. Ramirez is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy, Henry Ford Macomb and Mclaren Macomb Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Ramirez has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. James A Ramirez has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James A Ramirez is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Ramirez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Mercy Hospital, 5301 McAuley Dr, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Ramirez in this video.
Dr. James A Ramirez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.